This pandemic has sure made Mumbaikars find a sudden love for their little neighbour. Alibaug now has been ventured way more than ever before , but this place surely does deserve the limelight as it has so much to offer and is filled with surprises.
Good Food – Good Mood, its something that unites people so what better way to start our guide with some of the best restaurants in Alibaug.
- Sanman Hotel – If you want to try some delicious Malvani food this is your go to place.
- Kiki’s Cafe and Deli – Kikis Cafe and Deli located at Mandwa jetty , Offering a wide range of foods which change with the season the cafe offers options of dining in or takeaway
- Bohemyan Blu Garden Cafe – it serve healthy Local -Konkani- and Lebanese food in a garden with home style furniture music many colors all to relax and feel the joy of being close to Nature safe and peaceful.
- Aparanta Restaurant – a restaurant in Radisson Blue Resort a must visit for all the Indian cuisine and vegetarian lovers out there.
- Boardwalk by Flamboyante – situated right at the Mandwa jetty, a multi cuisine restaurants for everything you’re looking
Boardwalk by Flamboyante
After having a scrumptious meal at these restaurants you will sure need to go for a stroll at the beach. Alibaug has to offer some of the best beaches in the country. To name a few
- Kihim Beach – Dusk, cool wind and is searching for some photography than Kihim Beach is one such beautiful place to see in Alibaug that one should visit. The shoreline is best known for its encompassing with the perfectly clear water and the thick vegetation up and down the shore
- Alibaug Beach – the best thing about this beach is that you can enjoy the sight of the Colaba Fort. Take a short boat ride to the popular fort which gives a magnificent view. The best thing about this beach is the fresh air and the cool sandy beach. Delight in Coconut drink or a Vada pav which is the special dish of Alibaug.
- Nagaon Beach – The beach is around 3 km long and is an ideal place for the tourist where they can indulge in some activities like snorkelling and scuba diving. Dive deep into the clear blue water and witness the coral reefs.
- Akshi Beach – A standout amongst the most segregated shorelines in the country, it lies amongst Nagaon and Alibaug shorelines and does not see much inflow of tourists because of its area and isolation. Populated by the locals, it is an ideal spot where you witness the local shoreline culture of the inhabitants
- Varsoli Beach – it is a popular tourist destination that is blessed with bountiful natural sights with stunning white sandy beach and the unmistakable sea of joy to watch, the beach is equipped for giving the most shocking perspectives of nature.
These are some of the places visited by the tourists when in Alibaug, If you’re planning to go on a family holiday in Alibaug, there is something for everyone from kids to youngster to senior citizens. Alibaug has a rich history which will engage the children to some water sports for the youngsters and beautiful temples for the senior citizens. Don’t miss out to visit these places when in Alibaug.
- Murud Janjira Fort – Murud Janjira fort is around 54 km from Alibaug and is spread in the area of around 22 acres.Fort is an architectural masterpiece. The fundamental passage has a stone cutting, delineating six elephants caught by a solitary tiger, an image of the courage of the Siddis. The fortification has 23 tremendous bastions around 30-40 ft high, still in place. Amongst them are the three noteworthy guns, ‘Kalal Bangadi’, ‘Landa Kasam’ and “Chavi” worked from five metals.
- Kankeshwar Forest – Kanakeshwar Forest stands out as one of the famous tourist places in Alibaug, since it is a dense forest with a collection of rare flora and fauna. In addition to it, the climate is always cool and the place gets enough breezes for it is located on the Konkan coast near to Alibaug. Another attraction of the place that keeps tourists to come there is an old Shiva temple on a small hill near the Mapgaon village and the hill locates at a height of 1200 feet and there are 700 to 750 steps to reach the temple.
- Kashid Beach – Kashid Beach gives you a clean and healthy ambience to play, enjoy and adore the sea-view. Interestingly, Kashid Beach is considered one of the cleanest places to visit in Alibaug where you can embrace the fresh water and clean air. This alluring beach is covered by shrubs, trees called Casuarina which complements the existing landscape and entices tourists to stay long. It is located 30 km away from Alibuag, it promises you an ample amount of water sports to play and create memories.
- Vikram Vinayak Temple – The temple looks splendid for its great tomb, built by white granite along with the rooftop which is made open from all directions. This temple serves twin purposes like a religious place for followers and a symbol of India’s supreme art and architecture.
- Magnetic Observatory – It was established in the year 1904 and is one of a few British establishments that can be found here. What makes it very unique is that not only is it the only kind in Asia, but one of only 13 such observatories in the world. It provides geomagnetic data and has been among the foremost magnetic observatories in the world.The observatory has 2 buildings. The first building has magnetometers that record geomagnetic field change while the second has precision recording instruments that provide data with geomagnetic storms.
Murud Janjir Fort
The best season to travel to Alibaug is from October to March, as it has to offer the best weather during this time. One can ideally see this beautiful place over the weekend. Its not too late to plan your Alibaug trip now.